Academic Semester Orientation: Tuesday, 23rd March 2021, 10:00 am (local time zone Germany) as Online Meeting – join: https://th-koeln.zoom.us/j/3741374320
The meeting should serve to clarify organizational issues and to give an overview of the events and the weekly classes offered in the upcoming semester. In addition, you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the study program.
The Guided Project Presentation Day will take place on Tue 9.3., 9:00 – 17:00. Everyone is invited, no registration needed! The Agenda is below.
For the Master students: Please be aware that part of your attending a Guided Project is giving peer feedback to others! This means that your GP grade only counts if you give this feedback. You can do this in a survey during the presentation day. For each GP you attend, you need to give feedback to one other project.
Here is the Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 891 0391 8421
Semester Orientation “Master Informatik / Computer Science”: Monday, 23rd March 2020, 3:00 p.m.
Specializations: Information Systems & Software Engineering
How to join
Virtual Meeting: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5762271466553886221
Just click the link and follow the instructions to participate in the meeting. Due to the number of participants we won’t have an audio back channel (so you are muted automatically). But you can ask questions during the meeting by typing them into the questions panel in the GoToWebinar software.
About the Semester Start
Unfortunately, we are currently not able to discuss a detailed planning of the coming semester. There are many uncertainties due to the Corona crisis. Nevertheless, in the semester orientation the program managers would like to explain the further procedure and recommended communication channels that our Master’s students stay up-to-date in the coming weeks.
If students are not able to attend: All students enrolled should have access to our learning platform ILIAS. Please login and register the course „_General Information Master Inf CompSc“.
All slides will be uploaded and the mailing list of this course will used to inform about organizational issues in the upcoming weeks. Furthermore the ILIAS-forum of this course can be used for discussion and questions.
Hint: A registration for first-year modules prior to the orientation meeting is not necessary.
Public Presentation by: Jürgen Wiebe and Jason Pick / CONET
Date: Thursday, 16.01.2020, 11:00 am
Location: Technische Hochschule Köln, Campus Gummersbach, Raum 2108
Abstract: Surveys of the research institute BARC rank real-time analytics among the top 10 BI-trends. A reason is that companies achieve additional value by incorporating data-based insights into business decision-making with minimal latency. Different providers rise to this challenge with different architectures and solutions. The presentation will discuss an approach for real-time analytics based on SAP Stack, SAP Hana, (SAP) Datahub and (SAP) Analytics Cloud.
Coming Guided Project Presentation Day is on Friday Oct 4th, from 10:00 – 12:15. As there is only one GP to present, the (additional) focus will be on “TH Köln Startups”. If you are interested in the success stories of three TH Köln student teams forming their own business, listen to their experiences!
Fr Oct 4, 10:00 – 12:15, room 0503.
Guided Project Presentation Day
Friday,19.07.2019 Room 0503
- Presentation of upcoming GP-Topics for WS 19/20
- (Deutsch) Keynote API-sierung in gewachsenen Landschaften, am Beispiel der Versicherungswirtschaft; Björn Pasch, Senior Enterprise Architect, Zurich Versicherungen
- SS19_A01 (English) Development of a Business Intelligence Lab
- SS19_B02 (English) Forecast of academic success at university based on ﬁrst-year performance
- SS19_A02 (Deutsch) Evaluierung und agile, nutzerzentrierte Softwareentwicklung einer Android-App zur Genogramm-Erstellung im Brownﬁeld-Project InGeno
- SS19_B04 (Deutsch) Optimizing an Android app for “Fearless Change” patterns
- SS19_B07 (Deutsch) Usability von Workﬂow Management Tools
- SS19_B01 (English) Algorithm tests: the CFD test problem suite
- SS19_B06 (Deutsch) Jetzt live – Projektbörse Campus Gummersbach als Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
All presentations are public, listeners are welcome.
In collaboration with a consulting company in Cologne two theses are offered in the field of SAP iRPA and chat bots (bachelor’s or master’s theses). More information on request.
Info Day of adesso AG Wednesday, February 13, 2019: Due to the success of the last rotational internship cycle, adesso AG offers such an internship for computer science students of CUAS in the summer semester 2019 again. On the basis of a Geodata project, students will take the typical roles of a project by job rotation, eg Requirements Engineer, Consultant, Software Architect, Test Analyst, Scrum Master, etc.,. The internship will be held at the adesso Cologne location. Students of all computer science programs are invited to attend the info and application day Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at the TH Cologne (Campus Gummersbach). Further details in the attached flyer.
Flyer adesso Rotationspraktikum 190213
As you know, you need to provide peer feedback as a prerequisite to passing a Guided Project of your own. The GP Presentation Days on 7./8. Feb provide an excellent opportunity to do so.
The agenda for the Guided Project Presentation Days on 7./8.2. has been finalized now:
Please note that on Thursday, 07.02.19 the lecture will start at 9:20 (not 9:00 as stated in the agenda). Below is some additional information on streaming links:
- 09:20 Simulation Lab of Service Hotlines
- Supervisor: Westenberger
- Team: Abedin Bube Chen Elaristiawan Gougam Kaiser Pape Salman Stelzl Yoon
- WebStreaming via Adobe Connect https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/westvc
- 11:15 Test Environment for the Data Vault Methodology
- Team:Ahsan Demirel Haxhija Hensel Kacoboyo Peza Rogolowski
- WebStreaming via Adobe Connect https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/westvc
- 13:30 Online marketing strategy and implementation for an international startup
- Supervisor: Engelen
- Team: Abedin Azam Bube Gougam Haxhija Peza Pour Saeedi Rudenko
Please note also the keynote on Fr 8.2. (in German). We were able to get a high-profile speaker – Dr. Thomas Franz, lead of the Technology Committee at Adesso AG.
Guest lecture: Managed Self-Service BI – Leverage User Competency for Business Intelligence
Speaker: Timm Euler (viadee AG)
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019, 10:00
Location: Cologne Technical University, Campus Gummersbach, Room 0501 (Ferchau Building)
Presentation language: German
Read more »